I was barely surviving my final semester at Humboldt State University but feeling mostly optimistic about the future.
2) What was your status by Valentine’s Day?
Single. Again. I’m convinced whoever invented Valentine’s Day did it to make single people feel like shit. Though that might be the scotch talking. Scotchy scotch scotch, I love scotch!
3) Were you in school anytime this year?
Ha! I WAS in school, then they decided that I’d had quite enough of all this book learnin’ and set me free in the world, armed with only my wits and a mostly useless piece of paper. Diplomas should simply read “good luck out there.”
4) How did you earn your money?
Waiting tables. And stripping. But I’d rather not talk about that last one if it’s all the same to you.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Whew! I did NOT, thank goodness!
6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
Nope! I’m a model citizen.
7) Would you relive 2010 over and over again?
Like in “Groundhog Day?” I’ll pass. I think it’s unhealthy to focus on the past. We should be looking towards the future while enjoying the joys of the present. Wow. I sound like a self-help author! Maybe if I get tired of waiting tables someday I can try my hand at “helping people find themselves.”
8) What did you purchase that was over $1,000?
No way, Jose! 2010 has been about saving for my aforementioned future!
9) Did you know anyone that got married?
My YOUNGER brother Matthew got married over the summer. I’m still getting used to the idea.
10) Did you know anyone who passed away?
Yes and they shall be missed.
11) Did you know anyone who had a baby?
I’ve hit the point in my life where a lot of people I used to go to high school with are all getting married/popping out babies. It’s a little strange. So yes, I do know quite a few people who have decided to reproduce.
12) Did you move anywhere?
Nope! I’m moving in summer of this year to Portland, Oregon though! I’m really excited about it!
13) What concerts/shows did you go to?
Too many to count. Over 50 but less than 500, let’s put it that way.
14) Are you registered to vote?
Are you kidding? Of course! I’ve been a proud voter since I was 18.
15) Do you still have the same job as you did in 2009?
Haha! Long story. No I do not. I have a BETTER job waiting tables at a local bar called “The Alibi” and I am quite happy there, thank you very much!
16) Has anyone betrayed you in 2010?
I wish! Maybe next year. Fingers crossed!
17) Where do you live now?
I live in Humboldt County (Arcata, California to be specific).
18) Describe your birthday:
Sushi + alcohol = awesome.
19) What’s one thing you thought you would never do, but did in 2010?
Joined in a break dancing competition! Though I’m a terrible break dancer. I came in last place. I rather enjoyed myself though, and that’s what counts.
20) What was your favorite moment?
Graduating college was the most surreal moment of the year for me. It felt like I had been in college forever and it felt really good to see it through.
21) What’s something that you learned about yourself?
I am slowly starting to realize that everyone ages and matures at a different pace and I’m beginning to accept that.
22) Any new additions to your family?
My brother and his bride have a dog now. So that’s new.
23) What was your best Month?
July. Or December. I’m still deciding.
24) Were you in a relationship this year?
Yes. It didn’t turn out how I hoped it would. Sigh…
25) What music will you remember 2010 by?
Great question! 2010 has been quite a musically diverse year for me! Though if I had to choose I’d say The Mountain Goats, The Tallest Man on Earth (thank you Evan!), My Morning Jacket, Beirut, Mos Def, The Avett Brothers, Childish Gambino, Kanye West, and Bon Iver.
26) Who has been your best drinking buddy/buddies?
Seth, Evan, Max, Nels, all my co-workers, the list goes on and on.
27) New friends?
Quite a few, yes! I’ve also had a great time getting to know my new co-workers. They’re good people.
28) Favorite night out?
I’m a big dinner and a movie guy, but I did have some fun adventures with my entourage this last year.
29) Would you say you’ve changed since the beginning of this year?
I would certainly hope so! I think of myself like a fine wine. I slowly improve as the years go by.
30) Do you think 2011 will be better or worse?
Allow me to quote the great Michael Ian Black, “Let’s make 2011 the best year ever! All subsequent years will be terrible, terrible disappointments.”